This week, there isn't much to buy again. I will probably go to Price Chopper to get some Cheerios, and Ontario tomatoes and cucumber. The potatoes are a good deal, but we don't need any yet. I will probably swing by No Frills to get the good deal on Ontario apples, and I can get my yogurt there this week. If I am near a Zehrs, we may pick up some ham, but other than that, I'm not doing much shopping this week.
What do you think is the best deal of the week?
- Whole chickens, fresh for $1.49 per lb or $3.28 per kg. Not as good as last week, but okay.
- Cheerios, $2.49 for 370-525 g. Shows Honey nut, but says cheerios, so should be regular too.
- Hot house tomatoes, from Ontario, for $0.99 per lb or $2.18 per kg
- Seedless cucumbers, from Ontario, for $0.99 each
- Russet potatoes, from Ontario, $2.99 for a 10lb bag
- Empire or McIntosh apples, from Ontario for $2.49 for 4 lbs
- Unico vegetable oil, $3.99 for 3 L, price locked
- Tuna, no name, $0.87 for 170 g, price locked
- Yogurt, no name, $1.97 for 750 g, price locked
- PC Black Forest ham, deli sliced, $0.99 per 100 g
- Equality Brand Cheese bars, 520g for $4.99 ($0.96 per 100g. I have got name brand cheese for as little as $0.66 per 100g, but this isn't a bad price if you want some cheese.)
- Europe's Best frozen fruit, 600 g for $3.79. This was down to $3.49 just a few weeks ago. Still, a pretty good deal if you use the $2 off coupons that were around. I have heard rumors there were more at Loblaws stores last week, but I haven't been able to find any.
- Astro yogurt, price locked at $1.99 for 750 g
- Unico tomatoes, still price locked at $0.79 per 796 mL can. Last week, I found I could get the unsalted variety at this price.