There are a couple of good deals at all the stores this week, including free Pillsbury Crescent rolls, and $0.49 for 125g of sliced meat (after coupons, available online).
I am particularly interested in the good price on meat: good deals on Canadian bacon and pork tenderloin this week.
I will also stock up on Campbell's condensed soup and our favourite Habitant soups, both on sale this week.
Canned tomatoes are a good price, but as the price is locked, I will only buy a can or two this week. I can buy a few cans over the next few weeks. This should make it easier to stick to my budget.
- Schneiders 1890 or fat free sliced meats (125g) for $2.49 - $2.00 coupon from save.ca
- Oranges, Seedless from Morocco (8lb bag) for $3.99
- Lou's Cured Pork Loin Rolled in Cornmeal (Peameal Bacon) for $1.99 per pound.
- Green Giant frozen veggies (750g) for $1.99. Not as good as last week, but not bad if you are out!
- Pork Tenderloin (frozen in pkgs of 2) for $1.99 per pound. Buy some and try my recipe!
- Tropicana orange juice for $4.44 for 3.78L (about the same price as last weeks, per unit)
- Vegetable oil for $3.99 for 3L (again, same deal I got last week)
- Astro yogurt (650/750 g) for $1.99 (Price lock... so it should stay here for a few weeks)
- Unico tomatoes, 796 mL for $0.79 (Another price lock...)
- Coupons: There are a variety of coupons in the Superstore flyer this week, good only for this week. Many for electronics and household stuff. Of particular interest was Fusion power cartridges (4's) or Venus cartridges (8's), save $2
Zehrs (Loblaws stores)
- Campbell's condensed Soups (tomato, vegetable, cream of mushroom or chicken noodle) (285mL) for $0.49
Evidently the sale doesn't start until Monday here in Waterloo. May or may not be true in other places.
- Kraft Peanut Butter (1kg) for $1.99. I prefer natural peanut butter, but it is my husband's favourite. EDIT: the 750g natural 100% peanuts was the same price!
- Shopsey's all beef wieners (450g) for $1.99
- Habitant Soup (796 mL) for $0.99
(Sale starts Saturday)
- Pillsbury Crescents (235g) for $1 - $1 save.ca coupon. Okay, so this isn't healthy, and probably falls under one or more of my coupon traps, but for free, or close to free, I may buy. Keep in mind: It will cost at least the price of the gas to get there, there may be a charge for taxes, you may find some other things you "need" while you are in yet another store, you may be hassled when buying only one free thing, and the nutritional content of these things is probably atrocious.
(Sales start Saturday)
- With the flyer coupon, Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Rexal brand vitamins, mineral or herbals, excluding advertised products. Valid April 11 -24th, 2009