Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ontario Weekly Grocery Flyer Deals for April 17 - April 23, 2009

There aren't that many deals this week, so I won't be buying much. This is one of the weeks that I enjoy the fruits of my stocking up and spend very little money.

I probably won't make it out to No Frills because there isn't much I need there this week, and it is out of my way. Food Basics is probably not going to make the cut either. I may pop into Price Chopper because it is right next to the Pharma Plus, where I will definitely be headed to stock up on some apple juice and my husband's brand of deodorant. Based on sales, I will do my main shopping at the Superstore this week. The main draw is the good deal on whole chickens. I will probably buy 2 or 3 and add them to the freezer.

The food I buy every week, which mostly consists of milk and eggs, are about the same price at all of the budget grocery stores. If you check the back of the Price Chopper, No Frills, Food Basics and Superstore flyer, you will see they all have bread, milk, eggs and butter advertised for almost identical prices. I don't buy the processed bread, and I usually wait to stock up on butter when I find a really great price (and most of the stores only guarantee a price on salted butter - I prefer to get unsalted). For basic milk and eggs, any store will do.


If you need reusable grocery bags, Sobey's and Price Chopper have them for buy 1 get 1 free on Earth Day (Wednesday April 22, 2009). Also, Zehrs (Loblaws) and Superstore have their reusable bags on sale for 50% off until April 26th. The full service stores, like Sobey's, Zehrs (Loblaws) and Real Canadian Superstore are going to start charging for bags in the very near future. Zehrs (Loblaws) and the Superstore will start charging 5¢ for bags on Earth Day, April 22nd, 2009 and Sobey's will start charing for bags of May 1st, 2009.

Superstore
No tax event on Friday 5pm-close and Saturday from open-close
  • Whole chicken, fresh for $1.18 per lb ($2.60 per kg)
  • Tomatoes, Ontario on the vine for $1.29 per lb (or $2.84 per kg)
  • Unico tomatoes, 796 mL for $0.79 (Should still be on sale, as they were listed as a price lock last week. I found that at my Superstore they had the no salt added variety at this price as well!)
Pharma Plus
Sales start Saturday the 18th
  • Rougemont Apple juice for $0.88 for 1.2L (standard can)
  • Old Spice deodorant at 2 for $5.00
  • Cheerios for $1.99 for 400g box
  • Another coupon came in the flyer for Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Rexal brand vitamins, mineral or herbals, excluding advertised products. Valid April 11 -24th, 2009
No Frills
(If you happen to live in KW, the only No Frills I know about is in Elmira. If you are near the expressway, it isn't very far, especially if you are making a stop at the new Walmart in St. Jacob's)
  • Royale Toilet Paper 40 single rolls for $5.97 - $1.00 from save.ca
  • Celery $0.99 (imported)
Price Chopper
  • Post cereals (400-620g) for $1.47. The picture only shows Honeycomb and Shreddies, but it will probably include raisin bran too. Maybe others?
Food Basics
  • Cucumbers, Ontario, for $0.79 each

No comments:

Post a Comment