On Friday, my husband went to the grocery store to get the milk, eggs and sugar. He ended up spending almost $20.
- Regular chips at $0.99 + $0.13 tax
- Other chips for $0.99 + $0.13 tax
- Onion soup mix for $1.49 (to make dip with the sour cream)
- Eggs for $1.97
- Sugar (2 Kg) for $2.03 (Interesting side note, sugar is cheaper at the grocery store than at either of the local bulk stores. It always pays to compare prices!)
- Frozen blackberries (600 g) for $2.99 A good deal, but not as good as the $1.49 I was paying for frozen fruit with my coupon. He saw everyone else grabbing them and fell into the trap of believing it must be a great deal.
- Pickles for $3.89 I have no idea what he was thinking. We have lots of pickles in the cold cellar!
- Milk (4 L) for $3.97
- mini carrots for $0.99
- TOTAL = $19.57
- Cat food (1 kg) for $1.59 + $0.21 tax (I bought a small container beause it is a new kind I am testing on the cats)
- Yogurt for $2.89
- Milk (4L) for $3.97
- Cucumber for $0.99
- Ham (300 g) for $3.17
- Artichoke dip (my favourite indulgence!) for $2.99
- Bakery bread for $1.69
- TOTAL = $17.50
Total spent to date = $99.20
I am SO disappointed! There is no way we are going to make it to the end of the month without buying anything else. I am going to keep on trucking though, and do my best. I am definitely motivated to try again next month. I should be able to buy only milk and eggs next week, but I will probably buy some local asparagus too. It would be a shame to miss out on the short season.